|Min Bet Per Line|
|Bet Range||0.15 - 75|
|Game Features||Wild Symbol, Scatter, Free Spins, Bonus Feature|
Flame is an online slot game brought to you by software developer NextGen Gaming. Right off the bat we have to say that this title boasts some great visuals.; the graphics are sharp, 3D and offer some high quality animations. Take, for one, the blue flames that are dancing just below the reels, which can really start burning up when you land winning spins or are close to triggering a bonus. The symbols are an odd bunch, although beautifully designed. You have the playing card suits, along with symbols depicting the elements, and alongside them are the stylized heads of a lion, wolf and eagle. We did think it a shame, however, that the game doesn’t come with a soundtrack.
Now as for the layout, you will be looking at a common grid of 5 reels and 3 rows. It features a total of 20 active paylines, but these paylines are fixed. For that reason, you will not have the freedom to regulate them. Then again, the minimum bet is a bit lower than what you might have expected given the number of paylines. It will set you back only some 15p per single spin while the maximum bet only reaches up to a total of £75 per spin.
Where to Play
The Wild symbol can land only on reels 2, 3 and 4, but can appear in full reel stacks. Furthermore, it can replace all of the regular symbols bar the Scatter, so it will be able to help complete winning combos.
You can trigger the Freespins feature by landing 3 or more Scatters (or Wild-Bonus symbols) anywhere on the reels. This will grant you a total of 15 free spins, with the option of retriggering them. So, all in all you can potentially receive up to 30 free spins. In addition, all of the Mini Features trigger more frequently during this round.
Flame boasts a whole bunch of different mini features that can take place randomly at any point during gameplay. There are 7 of these mini features, to be exact:
- There is the Cross Flare Mini feature, which will see more flames appear on the right hand side of the screen. As a result, they will reveal pays right to left, hence letting you benefit from pays both ways.
- Another one is the Flare-Up Mini feature, awarding Wild multipliers of up to 10x.
- Then there’s the Fire Whirl Mini feature, which will see the fire cover up to all 5 reels, and if there is an animal symbol on the flaming reels you will receive a cash prize for each of them.
- Next up is the Spontaneous Combustion feature. It will upgrade all of the lower value symbols to a more lucrative symbol.
- In turn, the Live Embers Mini feature will burn all the Heart, Spade, Diamond and Clubs symbols on reels 2, 3 and/or 4, and Wilds will take their places.
- Then we have the Wild Inferno Mini Feature, which needs at least 1 Wild symbol on the reels to commence. Once that happens, it will award you 1 respin for every Wild on the screen. Furthermore, any Wilds landing as a result of the respins will also award subsequent respins.
- Last but not least is the Firestorm Mini Feature. This feature will combine all of the Wild and Scatters on reels 2, 3 and 4 into a Wild-Bonus symbol. With its help, you can replace all other icons and also trigger the Freespins feature.
Flame is a fun, innovative and potentially also very rewarding medium to high variance offering. The 7 Mini Features are where most of the entertainment is at, but since the free spins will offer better chances of triggering them, those are what you will be after.