|Min Bet Per Line||0.01|
|Bet Range||0.25 - 125.00|
|Game Features||Wild Symbol, Scatter, Free Spins, Bonus Feature|
We love an online slot game that starts with a video animation to set the scene. That’s exactly what you’ll get with the Orc Vs Elf slot from RTG, which requires you to select your champion the moment the video package is done with. You’ll either side with the orcs or the elves, and some great graphics are waiting for you during play.
The symbols differ, depicting either the relaxed fantasy lifestyle that elves seem to enjoy or the hellish and dangerous existence of the orcs. There’s an elf’s bow and an orc’s sword first of all, then comes an elf’s potion as well as a pile of skulls from the orc world. A white flower also appears on the reels as does an orc’s flag, while a troop of white horses and a vicious wolf come next. The palace of the elves can be seen as a symbol, while the ghoulish castle of the orcs makes up another.
The layout is made up of five reels and three rows in total, which is a standard setup for a video slot. RTG has also taken the opportunity to add a set of 25 pay lines into the game. These lines are not customisable, but you can change the value of the wager that you place. Simply utilise the up and down arrows on the left-hand side of the screen to do this. Orc Vs Elf allows you to select from values between 25p and £125 per spin.
There are two wild symbols and these come in the form of the orc and the elf. The orc is an expanding wild that shows up on reel one only. It will substitute for all other symbols, with the exception of the elf shield addition.
The elf, on the other hand, is an expanding wild that appears only on the fifth reel. This one substitutes for all other symbols with the exception of the orc shield addition. Each wild symbol counts once on their respective reels for their scatter symbols, too.
As with the wilds, there are two scatter symbols. The elf shield and the orc shield are the ones that you need to look out for. Both of them can appear in any position in the game and will still reward you with a pay-out even if not on a payline. However, they’re also responsible for triggering the feature round.
Depending upon which character you have chosen as your hero, you will see either elf shields or orc shields appear as scatters on the reels. With the former, if you spin three or more elf shield scatters into view across the screen during base game, the Elf Feature will activate.
The same is true of the orc shield if you are playing in orc mode. There are 7 orc features on the trail to the Fortress of Orcholme and 7 elf features on the road to the Citadel of Elveros. You can either accept the feature that is triggered or continue on your journey.
Trail to Orcholme
The seven features that will take you to Orcholme are as follows:
- Goblin’s Gold Feature: You receive 5 free spins, during which darkling symbols pay double. Those symbols are orc shields, orc forts, wolves, banners, skulls and swords.
- Hobgoblin Feature: The same as Goblin’s Gold but with six free spins, and two scatters appearing will provide an extra free spin.
- Orc Army Feature: The same as Hobgoblin, but orc fort symbols become an extra wild if the orc appears.
- Orc Horde Feature: Like Orc Army, but an extra orc is added to the very first reel.
- Giant Spins Feature: This is like Orc Horde, but darkling symbols provide triple pay-outs.
- Chaos Spins Feature: As per Giant Spins, but seven free spins are initially given to you instead.
- Orc Onslaught Feature: Like Chaos Spins, but the final spin becomes a Superspin. This sees the orc cover the entire first reel.
Road to Elveros
On your way to the elven city, you have seven stages to go through, which are:
- Woodland Spins Feature: You receive six free spins to play through.
- Elf Magic Feature: Like Woodland Spins, but an extra wild shows up on reel two, three or four after every spin.
- Huntsman Feature: As per Elf Magic, but with seven free spins and the elf hunts any orc appearing on reel one. Slaying this will award you a bonus of up to 200x your wager.
- Ancient Archer Feature: Like the Huntsman round, but the elf also targets wolves appearing anywhere. Killing a wolf provides a bonus of up to 100x your stake.
- Archmage Feature: This is like the Ancient Archer feature, but one or two extra wilds are added after each spin.
- Forestal Feature: Like the previous feature round, but any elf showing up awards an instant Superspin. Three extra wilds are added following any Superspin.
- Elf King Feature: Just like Forestal, but eight free spins are in play and any Superspin adds an extra wild to reel five.
In this round, the orc and elf will battle is out if the Battle Bonus icon appears on reels two, three and four. An orc victory triggers the Goblin’s Gold feature, while an elf victory activates the Woodland Spins round. Defeat will award you with a consolation bonus of up to 10x your stake.
You get a victory point if you’re a winner, and the first player to three victory points is the champion.
If you want a game that has a little bit of everything, this is definitely the one. Orc Vs Elf provides fantasy, adventure, fighting and much more. With high-quality graphics and gameplay as well as multiple special features, it’s one of RTG’s very best and most diverse slots.